If you have never failed, then you have never tried. The fear of failure is something we all face. It’s a part of our lives and will always hold us back if we allow it to. The good news is there are ways I have found that help to overcome that fear and win!
First, you should know that I’ve always been one that’s very ambitious but also one that could not stand the thought of failing. These two traits were not a good combination as it would hit me hard when something did not work out well. I would take it so personal and become so ashamed, that it would crush my spirit to where I would begin to doubt myself and my abilities.
Start Failing NOW!
No, that is not a typo. I really do want you to START FAILING but only because I know that it’s part of succeeding. You see, I found out a long time ago that successful people are not immune to failing. It’s actually part of their story.
It is a little known secret that on the road to success, failure is part of the journey. Most of the times, those that have done great things in life have failed. Sometimes, they have failed a lot too!
The reason they fail is because they give their dreams a try. They do not let the fear of failure stop them. They are actually more scared of what may never be. So my question to you is:
“How many things have never happened in your life simply because you were too afraid to start them?”
5 Famous People Who Have Failed in Life:
- Walt Disney – Fired from a newspaper and told that he did not have any good ideas or imagination.
- Elvis Presley – Fired from the Grand Ole Opry and was told to go back to truck driving.
- Abraham Lincoln – Lost many elections on his way to becoming president.
- Stephen King – First book Carrie was rejected over 30 times.
- Bill Gates – First business with Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen failed.
Now that you know failure is not exclusively designed for you, it’s time to talk about how to conquer them. Understand that harnessing the power of fear for your benefit is a great way to succeed. It all depends on how you use it.
4 Ways to Overcome Your Fear of Failure:
- Research your dream – Find out who your competition is and how you can be either better or unique. Don’t try to create another Wal-Mart out of the gate. Take the time to research and strategize your plans and then set achievable goals to get there.
- Stop Comparing – Much of the fear people face comes from comparison. We look at all those that have made it in our dream career and lie to ourselves that we can never be as good as they are. Understand that you have your own journey and you are set apart to run your own race. Realize that all those that have succeeded never started where they are at right now. It was a climb.
- Be Aggressive – Find the path you should travel and push through. Obstacles will always present themselves no matter which course you take. Being so, you have to be aggressive and conquer them one-by-one. Never back down!
- Just GO FOR IT! – Did you know that most dreams are destroyed before they ever begin? Too often people become so scared that they allow hesitation to take the forefront and soon nothing is done. Not even the first step. Don’t be one of them. Start stepping!
You can and will do great things in your life. That is if you believe in and are committed to yourself. Always remember that your unique success is not based on others and it will never happen unless you start down YOUR path and living YOUR life.
Know that if you have a pulse, then you have a purpose. So get up, get going, and make it happen!